Friday, September 03, 2010

Publication and Commission


I had a doubly good day yesterday. The publication of my flute quartet,
"Tamar", was released yesterday:

http://www.clearnote.net/Tamar.html

I also recorded the piece and you should be able to listen to a recording of me playing all four parts by clicking the preview button halfway down that page.

On another note, I just struck a deal with Audrey Murphy (director of Hopewell Middle School Band) to write a piece for her middle school band. They will perform the piece at the Music for All National Concert Band Festival in Indianapolis, IN in March 2011. The festival only accepted 4 middle school bands out of the country and Audrey's band was one of them.

Here's is a performance of the piece they commissioned last year and performed at the Georgia Music Educator's Association conference this year. The piece is called Pronto by William Pitts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejy8ulGjqmA

I am very impressed with this young group of musicians and look forward to working with Audrey.

No comments: