Monday, November 01, 2010

World Premiere of Opera I haven't written yet!

I am announcing the premiere of an opera I have not even written yet!

November 7 at 7:30pm - FREE and open to the public
Georgia State University, Kopleff Recital Hall
Corner of Gilmer Street and Peachtree Center Avenue.
Atlanta, GA

This Saturday I begin writing an opera while sequestered at the Atlanta Opera offices. I have 12 hours to work with a librettist before I have to hand off my work to a stage director, singers, and pianist. None of whom I have met as of yet. All I know is the work will be 7-10 minutes and that I will have to include certain items that will be dictated to me by the Atlanta Opera. Should be a fun time! The concert is free and open to the public! Read more here: http://www.atlantaopera.org/calendar/view.aspx?id=43245957

Hope to see the cheerleading section there!

No comments: