Monday, May 16, 2011

Interview and Hopewell

It's been a whirlwind the past couple of weeks, and amongst it all I am furiously writing to meet my first deadline for the opera in June. This past weekend I was featured on the Atlanta Composers Blog, and you can read the interview here: http://atlantacomposers.blogspot.com/2011/05/quick-q-with-nicole-chamberlain.html

This week I also meet with the Atlanta Opera's documentary team who are going to record the progress of the Atlanta Opera's first ever commission. I don't really know what we are going to discuss. I suppose the process up to this point. It's all very exciting, but I hope I can keep focused on the main objective which is writing good music.

I was also surprised by an announcement that my composition "Hopewell" for concert band will be performed by The Walker School Middle Band directed by Erik Kofoed on Friday for their Honors Day ceremonies. I will get to meet and work with the students some tomorrow. It's one thing to get a piece premiered, its another to get a second performance, its a whole different story to get another performance by another ensemble!

No comments: