Monday, September 05, 2011

Decatur Book Festival Wrap-up


I hadn't anticipated such a huge turn out for the "Rabbit Tales" panel discussion put on by the Atlanta Opera at the Decatur Book Festival. The Decatur High School Auditorium was pretty full. To be honest I only expected 10 people to show up, boy was I wrong! It was incredibly disarming, and I'm out of practice with speaking in front of such a large group of people. I hope I was coherent and understandable.

Another thing I didn't expect was the mega screen that my scores was projected on. I really didn't expect anything larger than a chalkboard. The screen at the panel discussion resembled more of an IMAX movie screen, and I feel like we all should have been handed 3D glasses at the door. You can get a real sense of scale by seeing Madeleine St. Romain sitting next to the screen. Lesson learned: Be prepared for the unimaginable. It was all something!

It was a rockstar kind of weekend. I got a badge for the festival that read "Nicole Chamberlain-author", a slight misrepresentation which I'm sure my sister will get a kick out of. (See how I ended my sentence with a preposition - I believe its dangling) I also got the hook up in gift certificates. The hubs and I used them all the the Brick Store Pub. We also got to hang in the "Authors and VIP Lounge". I kind of felt out of place, but it was nice to get a free bottled water and out of the scorching heat.

Anywho, it was a good time and I could only hope that all festivals and conferences I went to were like the Decatur Book Festival.

No comments: