Thursday, September 22, 2011

IAWM World Congress 2011 Wrap Up

What a wonderful time in Flagstaff, AZ. I really couldn't ask for a better experience. First of all I think I was really fortunate to have found a pair of fabulous flutists who enjoy playing my music. I have nothing but fabulous things to say about the Dahlia Flute Duo. Wonderful flutists and equally wonderful people. I could easily see myself writing for them in the very near future. Here's a video of them performing "Chatter" at the Congress, and you can see why I am eager to write another piece for them:



You can buy the sheet music here: http://www.nikkinotes.com/Chatter.html

We definitely bonded on this trip which even included some wrong turns on the dirt roads of remote Arizona. Ooops. But we survived!


The concerts that I was able to go to were fabulous and I am glad I had the opportunity to go. Dr. Judith Cloud coordinated the event, and cheers to her on a job well done! The selected music and performances were fantastic and I am glad to be included in such a group.

I couldn't miss the opportunity, however, to visit the south rim of the Grand Canyon. I had been to the north rim a few years ago, but I wanted to see the difference. I am so glad I went:



Certainly a trip and performance I will never forget! Now I get to play it Saturday with flutist Jessica Sherer at Classical Revolution event at Tah Cha Teahouse at 8pm :)

No comments: