Monday, August 28, 2006

Week of Rejection

So this wasn't a steller week, and actually a pretty broke week. The dog had surgery...good news is he's recovering very well, the rotor and brakes went out on the car, a work of mine was rejected from a local performance group (there were 200 submissions so I don't feel incredibly bad about that), and I didn't make my audition for the Alabama Symphony (I didn't even advance past the initial round).

Needless to say, this week has been a huge blow to the ol' ego. When it rains it pours. Oh well, I've had worse weeks. Rejection is nothing new, and I'm sure it will never go away. It'll just make the few small successes better...when they finally happen.

I am looking foward to some vacation time, and I'm gonna go home to Savannah this weekend to try to get a jump start on feeling like I am on vacation. I'm gonna step back and see if I can get a new plan of attack.

No comments: